Jun 6, 2008

If you’re going to do something,

it’s good to be the best (or worst) at it.
Vince Colletta’s name has become synonymous with bad inking.

For many, Vinnie is the gold standard of bad inking — a veritable poster boy for hacking. To many he is the worst inker to ever put pen to paper.

But that’s overstating it, I think.
Erik Larsen talks about Vince Colletta. I’ve run across a bunch of people and heard a load of stories about Colletta through the years and the Larsen column only touches the surface but, it’s definitely worth a read.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your article, as well as Larsens essay, is stuff that has been tossed around the internet by Vin-haters for years. In our conversations, as well as in the article, I am surprised that Erik has given Colletta as much credit as he has, actually. My blog is the flip side of the coin-mostly because I am not one of these goofballs who thinks they are being "fashionable" by knocking Colletta. I'm glad I started posting, it seems there are a shitload of people who loved his work that were actually sacared to profess it!

Regards,

Dan McFan

http://ismarkevaniermentallyill.blogspot.com